Tuesday, January 15, 2013

tried for the murder of his father. damaged or twisted?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/us/boy-12-found-guilty-in-killing-of-neo-nazi-father.html?hp&_r=0

This article is about a 12 year old boy who killed his father when he was 10. He was tried when he was 12 and put into state custody. The judge ruled that he was responsible for second degree murder. Hhe clearly knew right from wrong when he did this. But when the judge made his ruling the boy, Joseph showned no reaction. He didn't cry or show any fear. It makes me wonder how can the world be so twisted that young children can be capable of things such as murder and then show no regret.

I think the author wants us feel a bit sorry for the boy. Ian Lovett the author  says his father would beat him for years before Joseph killed him. And his attorny says “Joseph is a little boy, and his life has been very, very sad.” The author describes him as slight, blonde boy with glasses and a button down shirt.  I think that yes Joseph had a horrible life but what does killing his father accomplish? But then you can't really blame him. He probabley snapped. I feel sorry for him and think he should get counseling. 


My persanal reaction to this was shock. I mean how can he do that. Kill his own father. However when I read about the abuse he suffered I couldn't help but feel some pity for him. I really think that he should see a therapist about this. Maybe talking about it can help him a bit. I know that talking about something often helps me feel better. I think it's really sad how bad abuse can be. It led this boy to killing his father. He just needs help.






No comments:

Post a Comment