Days like this I want to drive away
Pack my bags and watch your shadow fade
You chewed me up and spit me out
Like I was poison in your mouth
You took my light, you drained me down
That was then and this is now
Now look at me
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
Throw your sticks and stones
Throw your bombs and your blows
But you're not gonna break my soul
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
I just wanna throw my phone away
Find out who is really there for me
You ripped me off, your love was cheap
Was always tearing at the seams
I fell deep and you let me drown
But that was then and this is now
Now look at me
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
Throw your sticks and stonesThrow your bombs and your blows
But you're not gonna break my soul
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
Now look at me, I'm sparkling
A firework, a dancing flame
You won't ever put me out again
I'm glowing, oh woah oh
So you can keep the diamond ring
I never liked them anyway
In fact you can keep everything
Yeah, yeah
Except for me
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no (away from me)
Throw your sticks and stones
Throw your bombs and your blows
But you're not gonna break my soul
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
This is the part of me, no, (away from me)
This is the part of me, me, me, me, me, me, no
Throw your sticks and stones
Throw your bombs and your blows
But you're not gonna break my soul
This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
This song is "Part of Me" is written by Katy Perry and Bonnie McKee. If you watched the music video you'll see this song is about a young woman who joins the army after breaking up with her boyfriend. It's a song about strength. It's also about how women can be independent. They don't always need a man to take care of them. They can take care of themselves.
I think the theme of this song is that if you go through something bad like a breakup there's always a part of you that your ex will take away. But deep inside there's something that's yours and can never be taken away. In the song she sings "this is the part of me that you're never ever gonna take away from me, no". It shows that when you go through what she goes through it's very painful. Whenever you go through things like a breakup, loss of someone close it takes a part of you away. Then there's the verses "now look at me I'm sparkling. A firework of dancing flame." The song starts out as as a song about her breakup with her boyfriend then it becaomes a song of strength.
My persanal reaction to this song was wow. I mean it must have been painful to go through such a breakup but she faces the world with her head held high. Most people can't do that. something bad happens and they avoid the world. It scares them but her it doesn't. She faces the world without fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment