Thursday, March 7, 2013

why do we hate?



 Shakespeare's Play Romeo and Juliet is about two young people who meet and fall in love. So far in the story some of the Montagues's srvants and some of the Capulet's servants get into  a fight. Benvolio (Romeo's cousin) comes to stop it ans then Tybalt (Juliet's cousin) comes and try's to make him fight. The prince comes and tells both families if this happens again both of them will lose their lives for the sake of peace. Meanwhile Romeo is depressed because he was in love with Rosaline Juliet's cousin. Romeo's friends convince him to go to Capulet's party becuuse Rosaline is there. He meets Juliet there and they fall in love.

One thing that really sticks to me is how Tybalt really hates the Montagues. When Benvolio tries to stop the servants from both families from fighting Tybalt comes and  says "What, drawn and talk of peace? I hate the word As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee." He really hates them  as he tried to get Benvolio to fight him. I think Shakepseare is trying to show us how deep hatred can run. He shows us how it affects Tybalt. He uses Tybalt as a character full of hate whoes always trying to stir up trouble.

I think that this kind of thing isn't rare. People can hold grudes for a long time. People like Tybalt aren't rare. They're pretty common.

No comments:

Post a Comment